Amber A. Couzo
Amber graduated cum laude from the University of Miami’s School of Law, earning her Juris Doctor with a concentration in Litigation and Dispute Resolution. During law school, Amber was inducted into the Iron Arrow Honor Society and received the CALI Award in Excellence for Appellate Advocacy. In addition, Amber served as Managing Editor of the University of Miami’s Inter-American Law Review and President of the Hispanic Law Students’ Association. She also participated in the Charles C. Papy, Jr. Moot Court Board and trial team.
Prior to joining Shullman Fugate, Amber worked as a litigation associate defending corporations in complex litigation matters and labor and employment disputes. She also advised corporations in trade practice compliance.
Amber earned her bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism from the University of Miami. During undergrad, Amber was a member of Alpha Epsilon Rho, an honor society for media students, and was the Executive Producer of SportsDesk, the University of Miami’s award-winning live sports program. Prior to practicing law, Amber worked as a broadcast associate for CBS Sports, where she produced, wrote, and created content for well-known sports commentary shows. She is a native of Miami, Florida and is fluent in Spanish.
- J.D., cum laude, University of Miami, 2021
- B.S. in Broadcast Journalism, University of Miami, 2014
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- Author, Asylum or Exile? A Look at How the Trump Administration Is Changing U.S. Asylum Policies, University of Miami Inter-American Law Review (2021).